The roots of TESKEY Concrete began in 1948 when three brothers – Howard, George and Mel Teskey started laying block foundations in Toronto. Not long after, the three brothers started forming and pouring concrete foundations.
However, in 1956, there was a concrete strike which forced the brothers into buying two used trucks and a second hand portable batcher. Hence, TESKEY Concrete was born. One of their early jobs was in Bancroft pouring 180 basements and concrete walls at the Uranium mine.
In 1960, TESKEY Concrete moved to its current location in Downsview, solidifying their presence at 20 Murray Road. Expansion in 1996 occurred when adjacent land was purchased to double the size of the operation. The company has continued to grow over the years, including two concrete batching plants and expanding to over 60 trucks.
For over 68 years, TESKEY Concrete has continued to be a leader in quality high strength concrete. During this time, with a continually evolving landscape, TESKEY has played a large role in the GTA’s development and infrastructure. Both plants carry the “Recognition of Excellence” seal from the Ready Mixed Association of Ontario. In addition, in 2012, TESKEY was presented with a 50 year BILD award. We are all proud of these significant accomplishments.
TESKEY‘s brand has always been based on honesty, integrity, customer loyalty, hard work and exceptional service. The company is currently onto its second generation with a solid and promising outlook for the future. We will continue to move forward while following the high standards that we have always maintained.
TESKEY is fortunate to have a tremendous group of long standing employees, customers and suppliers, who take great pride in servicing the GTA construction industry. We are thankful for having their dedication and ongoing contributions.
Call us today in Toronto to order concrete and related products for your next project.